I’d like to thank everyone who’s been donating. It’s been really encouraging. I think maybe I’ll make a “Donators” page with everyone’s names on it. If anyone wants a different name (e.g. maybe a handle) listed or prefer to remain anonymous, make sure to leave a comment (or email me).
Anyway, I’ve finished merging all the recent work in 2.5 into the bmesh branch. Some of the new subdivision stuff that came from 2.5 looks interesting; there’s just one operator for it now; you can set the number of divisions, how smooth it is, and how fractalized it is, in the Last Operator tab (though this doesn’t work right, there’s some sort of bug in 2.5 at the moment with that, and it got merged over too).
Now that I’ve finished the merge (along with the associated maintenance and bugfixing that went with it), I can finish the bmesh versions of the array and mirror modifiers; at which point I can turn my attention to the UV and vertex color code. My plan after that is to go through the mesh tools code and makes sure everything is usable (and perhaps port all the remaining editmesh tools to bmesh while I’m at it, it’s not like there’s that many of them left).
With any luck, the branch will actually be in a testable state after that!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.